Anchorage city is largest city in the state of Alaska. Tourists can plan a perfect holiday with a blend of outdoor visits, wildlife adventure, scenic beauty, trekking to glaciers and parklands. Tourists can also enjoy cultural activities like the traditional crafts and dances of Alaska. The city has various family parks like Chugach State Park, wildlife conservatories like, Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. It also has the famous Flattop Mountain offering exquisite views.
Places to visit-
- Chugach State Park- This huge park has view of mountains, glaciers and lakes around it. It is a nature centre with camping and ski area.
- Alaska Wildlife Conservation Centre- It is a non-profitable organisation and wildlife sanctuary that harbours orphaned and sick animals for quality care and research for educational purposes.
- Portage Glacier & Portage Lake- Tourists can visit the glacier and enjoy a boat tour for the same.
- Flattop Mountain- The tourists can look forward to a splendid hiking experience and capture the panoramic view from the mountain top.
- Anchorage Museum- Anchorage Museum has the finest collections of Alaskan artifacts, artworks, a kid-friendly, hands-on science center & planetarium.
- Tony Knowles Coastal Trail- It is an 11-mile long trail for hiking and biking running along the coast of the Anchorage city.
- Alaska Zoo- Visitors are lead past the Alaskan animals like the Amur tigers, Bactrian camels and yaks which are kept in natural settings along the gravel trails.
- Alaska Native Heritage Centre- It is an educational and cultural institution which offers numerous exhibits of the native Alaskan culture and traditional dwellings.
- Earthquake Park
- Kenai Fjords National Park
- Alyeska Resort & Hotel Alyeska- Alyeska Resort is a ski resort with an aerial tram, a spa & chic mountaintop dining.
Places to stay-
- Aptel Studio Hotel- It is a modern, clean and safe hotel. The rooms have kitchenettes for a pleasant homestay.
- Aspen Suites Hotel Anchorage- They offer free Wi-Fi and have a business centre and a fitness centre for the guests.
- Brown Bear Salon and Hotel- They offer budget guestrooms with mountain views. They also offer a rural salon.
- Coast International Inn- They offer free breakfast and provide with a free shuttle to the airport. They also have a sports bar for the guests.
- Aviator Hotel Anchorage- Aviator Hotel is a renowned hotel offering free Wi-Fi, a bar & grill with live entertainment.
- Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites- Inlet Tower Hotel offers amenities like a pub, a fitness room, a 24-hour free airport shuttle and free breakfast.
- Hotel Captain Cook- Hotel Captain Cook has classy rooms along with a fitness center, an indoor pool & dining.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Anchorage- Embassy Suites allows a very exquisite stay along with amenities like complimentary breakfast, a fitness center & an indoor pool.
- Extended Stay America Anchorage Downtown- Extended Stay has a modern architecture. It has suites with free breakfast, kitchenettes and free wi-fi.